Improving Bed Adhesion on the Creality CR-10 3D Printer with an Anycubic Ultrabase

Home, Bangkok, Thailand, 2019-02-21

#3dprinting #manufacturing #cr10s

 

In the first few months of playing with 3D printing on my CR-10S I’ve had a bunch of problems with bed adhesion - pretty persistently the corners of my PLA prints peel up when it gets to around the 4th or 5th layer. This improved quite a bit once I finally got some isopropyl alcohol to clean the print bed properly, but was still an issue.

A colleague at AWS who is pretty advanced in 3D printing recommended building an enclosure around the printer to keep the temperature consistent and I will probably still do that. First though I decided to try the Anycubic Ultrabase which took me less than 2 minutes to order on AliExpress whereas building an enclosure will be at least full weekend job including the time to track down a supplier of acrylic sheets in Bangkok and design and build it.

So the Ultrabase arrived today.

It’s now on the old Problem Solving Machine and the first print is in progress and 4 layers high with no signs of warping so far - fingers crossed that this has solved it.